Eat more fibre. We often hear this advice. Fibre is an essential part of a healthy diet, but did you know it’s a great metabolism booster too? Today, we’re here to show you how to speed up your metabolism with fibre.
A supercharged metabolism helps you burn calories faster. However, as we grow older, our metabolism starts to slow down and that can only lead to one thing—unwanted weight gain.
What Are the Benefits of Fibre to Our Health?
1. Fibre Can Speed Up Your Metabolism by:
- Making Your Intestines Move Faster
Eating whole grains high in insoluble fibre moves faster through your digestive system so things pass through quicker which can help signal that you are full.
- Using Up Energy
The body is incapable of digesting fibre, yet it tries to nonetheless. This attempt uses up energy which makes you burn calories faster, increasing your metabolic rate in the process.
2. Other Benefits of Fibre to Our Health:
- Prevents overeating – The sugar in high-fibre foods is digested slower, keeping your glucose level from increasing too fast, which prevents you from feeling hungry shortly after eating.
- Cleanses your colons – The scrub-brush effect of fibre helps wash out bacteria and other toxin in your intestines, decreasing your risk for colon cancer.
- Regulates bowel movements – Having a diet rich in fibre helps you have soft, consistent bowel movements, reducing constipation.
How to Increase The Metabolic Rate?
1. Find Out How Much Fibre You Need
Using a food diary to record what you eat and the amount you eat per day is very important. This will help you identify whether or not you’re getting your daily dose of fibre. In UK, the average intake of fibre for women is 12.8 g/day and 14.8 g/day for men. The recommended average intake of adults is 25 g/day. Ugghh... most of us are not getting enough of fibre each day!
2. Check and Follow this High Fibre Food Chart
According to Cleveland Clinic.org, "Most fibre-containing foods are also good sources of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which offer many health benefits."
Lack of fibre in one’s diet is a killer. The following high-fibre foods can help up your metabolism in a snap!
3. Look for A Natural Metabolism Booster
Fibre supplements are a great way to ensure you’re getting the right amount of fibre every day. Herbalife is known for making the best metabolism booster. We highly recommend these 2 Fibre Supplements:
Fibre & Herb Tablets not only help you reach your daily recommended fibre intake of 25 g/day but it’s also a complex part of your weight management programme so you can lose weight effectively using the right way.
Oat Apple Fibre Drink is a delicious and easy way to help increase your daily fibre intake. A unique sugar free* blend, with no artificial sweeteners, of soluble and insoluble fibres. Oat Apple Fibre contains 6 natural fibre sources - apple, oat, maize, citrus, chicory and soya. Each serving contains 5 g of fibre and 18 calories.
Having problems with your midsection? These fibre supplements can get rid of your belly fat fast along with our Herbalife Weight Management Programme.
Still wondering how to increase your metabolism? A simple answer—take fibre! Do you consume enough fibre every day? If yes, good for you. If no, then you’ve got to start making fibre a part of your life now!