Do you want to lose weight? Yes? Then you have to eat less. Curious how you can curb your food consumption? We recommend you to write down what you eat as this is the most effective weight loss tracker.
Keeping a food journal has been proven to be very successful in helping people lose unwanted pounds. Food journaling is pretty simple. We will share to you its wonderful effects and provide you with a food journal worksheet.
Why Do We Need a Food Journal?
Simple. Because writing down what you eat helps you take a critical look at your food habits so you can make necessary healthy changes.
Research Study: Food Journal Keepers Lost More Weight
123 previously inactive, obese and postmenopausal women in Seattle enrolled in a weight loss study.
The goal was to achieve a 10% reduction in weight in 6 months. To achieve this, the women followed a controlled-calorie diet. Half of them were on an exercise programme and the other half were only placed on a diet.
Each woman monitored what they ate everyday using a 7-day food journal given by dietician counselors. By the end of the year, both the diet and exercise groups achieved a 10% weight deduction.
As you can see, keeping a food journal aids in enhancing alertness of distracted, careless eating habits. This is because when we write down what we eat and how much amount we eat, we become more conscious of our food intake which helps avoid over eating or eating even when you are not hungry.
Other findings include:
- Meal skippers lost fewer pounds than those who do not skip meals.
- Women who constantly keep track of their food intake using the food journal lost about 6 pounds more than those who do not record their meals.
- Women who eat in restaurants more often lost about 5 pounds less than women who dine out less frequently.
Additional Food Journal Tips
- Monitor your level of hunger together with the foods you eat.
- It helps if you also write down what you were doing while eating and how eating made you feel.
- Record the times when you gave in to your cravings as well as your food triumphs. Be honest.
DOWNLOAD Your Herbalife Meal Plan Food Journal Worksheet
We have a Food Journal Worksheet you can use based on the Herbalife Meal Plan to keep it all organized.
As you can see, keeping a weight loss journal is the best weight loss tracker. What are you waiting for? Go ahead and try it out. See the benefits with your very own eyes!
Rooting for you,
~ The HSO Team ~